Thursday, November 1, 2012

My first attempt at Conference Calling?????

Well my first attempt at Conference Calling was a bust!

 

I was so excited at 12:55 pm, local time, I called the number and entered my access code.  I was the first one on the line, as well I should be because I am the host.  I got everything set up to share my computer screen.  At 1 pm I was ready to go.  But I was still the only one on the line.  So I waited and waited.  After 15 minutes I gave up.  My heart sank.  But the bright side was I know the system now and next time will be better.  

 

I was getting ready to log off the computer but had a thought.  What time is it in the UK right now.  So Google here I come.  I find a web site that has current local time.  Guess what time it is?  6:34 pm in London.  Well I had posted the Conference call was to take place at 7 pm in the UK.  I was an hour early for my own Conference call.  As you can see I am not good with time zones or daylight savings and the website I checked for the time difference said 6 hours between my time zone and the UK. 

 

So my heart filled with joy that maybe someone was getting ready to join my Conference call at 7 pm in the UK.  So I log back onto the web site to restart the Conference call.  Well guess what.  When you close the Conference call you can not restart it.  So here I am 20 minutes before the call starts and all the numbers I posted and e-mailed were wrong.

 

Quick like a bunny I copy and paste the new information into an e-mail and send it to everyone.  Crossing my fingers that anyone who was going to attend sees the new e-mail.  Once again at now 1:55 my time, 6:55 in the UK, I call in and I am the first.  Then I wait and wait.  After 15 minutes no one has come to join my call so I give up.  I know it is all my own fault for not knowing the correct time in the UK.  Then having to send out last minute e-mails with the correct information.  But disapointmen none the less.

 

Well now I know the system real well and will be ready next time.  Plus, found a great website that has local times.

 

Hope you come and check out my next attempt at Conference calling.


Have a "Scent"sational Day

Lori (Old dog, learning new trick)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! aww so sorry! I did join in the conference but I have to be honest I came back really late from work...so I log in about 7:30 but with the old information! : ( .. so I though I was doing something wrong! Definitely checking the next one!
    Big hug <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think I will try again on Sunday evening. I will send an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete